“Sunday Session (7)″, 4 January 2015 [Cancelled!]

Hello Jackrabbit Managers!

Yippee!  We (finally) have snow!

Bleech!  It’s too cold to ski (without significant concern of your children suffering frostbite)!

As such, tomorrow’s “Sunday Session (7)″, for 4 January 2015, in Assiniboine Park, is now cancelled.

The latest weather forecast is predicting a -28 degree Celsius air temperature, and 20 kmh winds from the west, for a -38 degree windchill, at the start of our skiing session (https://spotwx.com/products/grib_index.php?model=meteocode&zone=r1.15&tz=-6&title=FPWG11&lat=49.89975&lon=-97.13749).

This is colder than our published -27 degree windchill outdoor activity cutoff (https://assiniboineparkjackrabbits.wordpress.com/about/is-it-too-cold).

However, if the Environment Canada weather forecast published at 11:00 on Sunday were to radically change for the better (possible but not likely), I will send out another notification that the session is back on again.

And, no, we still awaiting receipt of the paperwork to allow us to do indoor sessions as previously posted (https://assiniboineparkjackrabbits.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/a-limited-future-for-cancellations/).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s