There will be racing this weekend: I now that some of the Track Attackers are planning on it. There will still be a regular Jack Rabbit session as scheduled.
Midget distances are to be in the 2.5-3 km range with juvenile and juniors skiing 7 km, free technique
• Scenario #1: if there is good snow then Windchill Ski Club will host at Windsor Park Nordic Centre as per the regular schedule.
• Scenario #2: NO snow at Windsor, the show moves to either Kenora (at Mt. Evergreen) or Falcon, more than likely it will be at Kenora as their volunteers are ready to go and, like Falcon, they have good snow and grooming.
- If racing is in Winnipeg: easy travel
- If racing is in Kenora: Race starts for noon or later, allowing out-of-towners to get there
- We would need to be crossing the east Perimeter Hwy by 8:30 to be at the race site for 75 -90 minutes before a 12:00 start, need time to inspect the course, get equipment ready , warmup, etc.
And home by dinnertime!
Getting there: Ihor’s vehicle can take four more skiers – big ski box will take all gear
- Skiers to pack:
• snacks and a race worthy lunch,
• water bottle belt
• warm jacket, and boots
• APJ Race suit and jacket, adequate socks and gloves
• Skate boots
• Running shoes
• Skate skis and poles
• A change of clothing for the stinky sweaty ride home
Let me know of your intentions for this weekend, it would be a great experience! I will need to know in order to deal with the registration process, once that gets posted,