2014-01-30: Assiniboine Park Jackrabbits Thursday Night Fast Rabbits Session Cancelled!

Hello Jackrabbit Managers,

Sigh… Sigh…

Tomorrow’s session (Thursday, 30 January 2014) of the Assiniboine Park Jackrabbits has been cancelled. This is Coach Ihor’s “Fast Rabbits Thursday” at Windsor Park Nordic Centre.

Air temperature is forecast to be -21 degrees Celsius with a -30 windchill at skiing time. This is predicted to be slightly colder than our official -27 degree cutoff (https://assiniboineparkjackrabbits.wordpress.com/is-it-too-cold/).

Yes, it is possible that the weather conditions might actually be nicer than what is being predicted a day in advance. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the Short Term Meteocode weather model seems to be relatively accurate this winter, so it probably won’t make a lot of difference, if I were to cancel with only a few hours notice.

On a much warmer note: Have your young skiers see (three minute video) how Canada’s Alex Harvey came first and Devon Kershaw came second in last month’s FIS Cross-Country World Cup Tour de Ski (Stage 1 of 7) race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS2qCmiNqj8) — skied in above freezing conditions!


Coach Rob

(on behalf of Coaches Ihor, Katherine, and Jeff)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s