We are going to go for it: a night ski at Beaudry Park just west of Headingley on the south side of the Assiniboine River. Classic skis, as there is no skate track. If you have a head lamp, bring it along, but the moon is pretty bright right now. Let’s shoot for 6:30 at the Beaudry parking lot, a brisk loop of the south side trails and hot chocolate.
Coach Ihor’s cell phone is 204-479-0825, but the cell service will fade out once we get into the woods.
on google map:
or Ihor’s version of directions: about 25 minutes from Assiniboine Park
- Drive WEST on Roblin and over the perimeter overpass as if you are going to Shelmerdine’s Garden Center,
- Keep driving past Shelmerdine’s and into old Headingley staying on the south side of the river, wind your way within the speed limit through the village,
- past the houses and some barns and then onto a gravel road
- you will pass a Province of Manitoba works yard on your right and you’re almost there,
- Heads Up!, and turn right at the “really easy to drive past it in the dark” Beaudry Park sign, and in 200 m you are there.
and thank you all skiing parents and handlers AND COACHES for a wonderful Cookie event: it was beyond my wildest expectations – and Thank You Coach Rob (what a guy) for the fantastic bibs and flags, shipped all the way from Switzerland!