A Limited Future for Cancellations?

Hello Jackrabbit Managers,

For the 2014-2015 season the coaches hope to significantly reduce the number of cancellations due to weather.  While we can’t control Mother Nature, we can hide from her (sort of).  The coaches have been actively pursuing for the last few months these two potential just-say-no-to-cancellations improvements:

  • Attempting to gain access to wind-sheltered ski areas.  Most of our prior cancellations (including today’s) have not been due too-cold air temperatures but rather due to too-high wind speeds which cause high windchills.  We have been seeking authorisation to ski in areas sheltered from the wind (complete with mechanical grooming).  If we are successful in securing that authorisation, we would likely run outdoor sessions on days like today (super windy but not crazy cold).
  • Coach Jeff may be close to securing a fabulous indoor facility for those days when it really is too cold (wind or no wind) to be skiing outside.  We have been awaiting very-important-paperwork from our national ski association, Cross Country Canada (http://cccski.com), so as to make this a possibility.

We will let you know if and when anything improves.

One response to “A Limited Future for Cancellations?

  1. Pingback: “Sunday Session (7)″, 4 January 2015 [Cancelled!] | Assiniboine Park Jackrabbits

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s