Hello Jackrabbit Managers,
It’s spring! It’s warm outside! Your kids can ski five times this week! Yippee!
- Monday, 9 March 2015: “Dash for Cash“. Chocolate. Money. Hilarious colour commentary. Need we say more? Coach Jeff will! Register in person no later than 18:45 at Windsor Park Nordic Centre. Nobody will be cold: +4 degrees Celsius predicted.
- Wednesday, 11 March 2015: “Wednesday Night Participation Race #13: Costume Relay“. For 2014/2015 it should have been called the “Wednesday Night Cancellation Race Series”. Week after week cancelled. This week you can race without freezing! And dress up like it’s Halloween or dress-up-time. Register online no later than Tuesday night by 21:00. Pick up participation bib no later than 19:00 on Wednesday at Windsor Park Nordic Centre. Also, +4 degrees Celsius predicted.
- Thursday, 12 March 2015: “Fast Rabbits Thursday 12”. Based on the toasty temperatures, maybe the last “Fast Rabbits Thursday” of the winter to be held? Would you believe +4 degrees Celsius predicted yet again?
- Saturday, 14 March 2015: “Boundary Trails Distance Challenge“: Ski. Smile. Eat. Ski. Smile. Eat. Ski. Smile. Eat. Or something like that. Coach Jeff to provide update later this week on why you should go! -4 to +6 degrees Celsius depending on when you go.
- Saturday, 14 March 2015 and/or Sunday, 15 March 2015: Biathlon Manitoba’s “End of Year Event”. Newbies young and old are encouraged to participate to ski and shoot. Falcon Ridge Ski & Recreation Area.
- Sunday, 15 March 2015: “Sunday Session”. Currently not on the schedule. Might need to put in a local session for the people who can’t make the Saturday ski-and-eat-a-thon. +9 degrees Celsius predicated at the “end” of skiing.
Based on the above zero air temperatures and the warm sun, this may be the last week of snow on the ground suitable for skiing this winter. Enjoy the skiing while you can!