New photos have been added to the website… see these links:
January 31 – ski fun in the Hummocks and beyond
January 31 – APJ families
February 6 – Jackrabbit Jamboree
Don’t forget to wear your Valentine’s Day favourites tomorrow! See you at the Hummocks (next to Assiniboine Park’s children’s garden) at 1:30 p.m.
- APJ Families: take a look at your beautiful, smiling faces on our website! You’ll find yourselves under the “Photos” menu link.
Since not all families are posted yet our mission is to complete that page! Please send in a family photo of yourselves or pose nicely on Sunday for a family photo at our Sunday afternoon session.
- Calendar/Schedule: Please take a look at the newly updated calendar/schedule of events on the website. There are a number of changes listed. More details coming soon about those events.
A few things to note:
- New photos have been posted under the main heading “Photos”.
- There is now an updated category entitled, LINKS. It contains any links which pertain to skiing in Manitoba (news articles, other ski websites, etc.) Check it throughout the year as new links do get added from time to time.
- Just a little “teach” about the website itself: Each and every menu heading is “live”. Someone mentioned to me that they had trouble finding the APJ clothing ordering section. If you hover over Marketplace and click it you will find the APJ clothing – even though, when you hover, a drop-down-menu for APJ’s Buy & Sell section immediately appears to distract you! The same goes for Schedule, About and Photos. Every menu heading contains information, in addition to the links below or beside them.
- Finally, we have a new deadline for ordering APJ ski clothing. Podiumwear‘s website should be up and running properly now. You can order until Thursday November 26 at midnight. If you need the password, email me.
Yesterday was such an AWESOME session in the Hummocks Area at Assiniboine Park! What a gem that place is… sheltered from the wind and groomed trails – so wonderful! I was especially appreciative of Coach Jeff taking time to coach the parents on technique, too, so we could really be a part of the action and stay warm.
I have added photos from our initial ski session in the Hummocks area back in December. I was able to capture a number of club members “on film” before my camera batteries died. Check them out in our Photo Gallery drop-down menu (by date).
It was our first official “on-skis” session with APJ today. Despite an icy rain misting down on us there was a spectacular turnout. (I mean, who wouldn’t want to miss a lesson if it means seeing Coach Katherine upside-down with her skis in the air?!) Coach Ihor also gave us an excellent lesson about waxing skis. You can take a look at more photos posted of today’s session in the photo gallery… it’s just a bit of what I could capture before my camera got too wet and icy.
Great turnout today at APJ’s first official on-skis session at the park.